Teleprompter is a device that “prompts” the person speaking with a visual text of a speech or script
A teleprompter is a display device that prompts the person speaking with an electronic visual text of a speech or script. Using a teleprompter is similar to using cue cards.
This allows the reader to read the text word for word, ensuring a consistent and accurate speech, while maintaining the illusion of spontaneity.
Advantages of using Teleprompter :
- You can read your speech — as long as it may be — without appearing as though you’re reading it.
- You grab the audience’s attention.
- You can look to the left, centre and right without getting off track.
- Your non-verbal language improves significantly.
- Emotion is enhanced.
- Your speech will possess musicality.
- You won’t say anything you don’t want to say,
- The glass doesn’t appear in the camera’s shot.
- Prompters are valuable didactic tools.
- They’re invisible to the audience.